Spring Cleaning Is Here!Feb. 9, 2021
SPRING CLEANING IS HERE!
Spring always reminds us to clean and throw away the old! This also applies to your CPAP!
Here are helpful hints to make it easy to care for your CPAP for optimal treatment.
- Wash the cushion of the mask and nasal pillows with warm soapy water
- Cleaning your mask will remove facial oils to optimize your mask’s seal
- Make sure the water in the humidifier is replaced nightly!
- Allow the mask to air dry before placing it on your face
- Check the filter in the back of your machine
- The grey filter can be washed with warm soapy water and air-dried
- The white filter cannot be washed and must be REPLACED
- Wash the hose and headgear with warm soapy water as well
- Hang your hose over the shower rod to air dry
- You may also use Dawn dish soap for any of the components instead of normal soap
- Once a week clean your humidifier with warm soapy water, DO NOT PLACE IN DISHWASHER
- Wipe down the CPAP machine with a cloth
REMEMBER….filters should be replaced every 3 months to avoid bacteria traveling to your lungs!
And it is important to replace your mask regularly to ensure you get effective and comfortable treatment!
CanSleep is always happy to check your pressure and machine annually to make sure the machine is working properly for you!